About Deborah Vereen, Ed.D.
Dr. Deborah M. Vereen is the author of “Repair the Broken Pieces” and CEO of Families With Us LLC. She has been an educator for more than 35 years and credits her Family and Consumer Sciences instructional background with providing her with a foundation for establishing positive relationships with parents. Deborah functioned as Principal and Adjunct Professor of Multicultural Education and she worked as Director of Pupil Personnel Services and Assistant to the Superintendent of Family and Community Engagement.
Deborah earned her undergraduate degree at West Virginia Wesleyan College and graduate and doctoral degrees at Duquesne University where she studied School Administration and Educational Leadership.
Deborah is the extremely proud mother of a precious daughter enrolled in middle school who is the constant source of her inspiration.
- Why family engagement is so critical today
- Engagement vs. Involvement
- Initial steps schools can take to work towards family engagement
- Educating parents on how they can be more engaged
- A framework for developing a family and school partnership
- Engagement Fusion
- Examples of Engagement Fusion
- Parent University
Connect with Debbie
“Moving Beyond Tolerance in Multicultural Education” by Dr. Sonia Nieto
Connect with me on Twitter @sheldoneakins